Dye Basics Workshop Jan 9, 2020
Learn the basic principles of dyeing in this introductory workshop. This workshop fulfills the orientation requirements for Helios Dye Studio memberships.
Learn the basic principles of dyeing in this introductory workshop. We'll cover the pros and cons of different dye types and how to choose the right one for your project. We'll also discuss tools and equipment, and dye studio health and safety. We'll put theory into practice with some quick dye tests and each participant will have a chance to try their hand at dyeing cotton fabric swatches and small amounts of wool yarn.
This workshop fulfills the orientation requirements for Helios Dye Studio memberships.
This is an introductory level workshop. No previous experience is required.
- Date: Thursday, January 9, 2020
- Time: 6pm-8pm
- Location: Sweet Paprika dye studio at Helios Makerspace (137 Rue Saint-Ferdinand, Montreal)
- Fee: $40 + tax (includes all materials)
- This workshop is presented in collaboration with Helios Makerspace and registration is directly through Helios using Eventbrite.
- Class will run with a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 6 students.